TourneyBot Tournament Rules
The rules in a nutshell:
- Be Ready to Play
- Play Fair
- Be a Good Sport
- Otherwise, Be Gone!
0. All Tourney matches should be played with AUTODOUBLE NO and CRAWFORD YES.
1. Players are expected to give tourney matches highest priority. Be ready to start your tourney matches immediately when paired and play your match in a timely fashion. Failure to do so may result in a TIMEOUT.
2. Opponents may not use any external aids to evaluate moves, such as, coaching from a watcher directly or indirectly.
3. Opponents have the right to play their match with no disruptions. Opponents may or may not allow a Watcher to Kibitz, it is their choice.
4. A Watcher may be gagged or blinded by either opponent without any explanation.
5. A Moderator may briefly interrupt a match at any time for tournament related issues.
6. A Player should not GAG the Moderator, doing so will limit their ability to resolve any issues with your matches. If an issue does come up that requires assistance from the Moderator by either player, please be prepared to UN-BLIND and UN-GAG the Moderator if requested.
7. Anyone may face a tournament ban if they are uncooperative or abusive to the Moderator or other players while the Moderator is attempting to resolve any tournament related issues.
8. A Moderator who improperly enforces the rules may be removed as a Moderator.
The rights of the players is of utmost importance since we want to ensure they can play matches at the highest level possible with minimal distractions.
TourneyBot tourneys at FIBS are intended to promote backgammon and provide opportunities to "meet people from all countries".
Watchers of any tourney match are welcome, but they must conduct themselves appropriately in accordance with our rules and guidelines.
Sep 6 2015: rif_raf 1 Week
Nov 1 2015: rif_raf Warning - next ban is 1 Month
Jul 11 2016: rif_raf 1 Month
Mar 5 2017: Brazilsdk receives warning for fixclock abuse
Mar 24 2017: rif_raf received 2 month ban for "Automatic Refusal" of tourney match and allowing opponent to timeout
April 10 2017: rif_raf 2 month ban clock restarted due to TD Abuse over the ban
Last update: 10 April 2017
Created by: Tom
Maintained by: Tom